Bergen Community College offers a number of services to its students, staff and
faculty, especially for those in need. These services offered to students are under a
program called, “Bergen Cares.”
Bergen Cares offers every student at the college access to food, clothing, and
emergency funds consideration request assistance, which includes bus passes,
technology and books, and rental/utility assistance. Bergen Threads, the college’s
clothing closet, provides a number of clothing and attire options, including tops, T-
shirts, pants, skirts, shoes and accessories. Its aim is to make sure every person
who attends the school has access to some type of clothing no matter their financial
In a video interview we asked a worker who was currently clocked in at the
moment, five questions about the clothing store:
- What are your operating hours and days of operations?
- Do you accept donations, and what types of items are you currently in
- How does the proceeds from the thrift store benefit the school?
- Are there any upcoming sales or special promotions?
- What types of items are typically available in the store?
Monday – Thursday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – 1:00pm – 5:00pm
How to Help!
The Bergen Cares Threads Closet takes donations from any individual no matter
the size or color. If you would like to make a donation you can drop it off at the store’s location: Room S-108, Pikitin Education Center (1 st Floor) or give them a call at 201-879-7074.